March 05, 2019
5 Tips for Saving Money at Work
Saving money can be a challenge. While there are big, dramatic ways to cut back on monthly spending, the little things also count. Changing your daily routine in small ways can help you save and help you be more mindful. We’ve come up with five easy ways to spend less to save more at work:
- Don’t pay for coffee: Coffee can be expensive, especially if you drink lattes or other specialty brews. If your office provides free coffee, definitely take advantage of this perk! With the Flavia drink system, for instance, you get a full range of coffee, tea, hot chocolate and even lattes and cappuccinos. Cheers!
- Get a library card: Your local library offers way more than dusty encyclopedias and the latest spy novels. Libraries offer extensive digital collections that let you access eBooks and audiobooks, which can make even the longest commute more fun. From movies and music to free museum admission, the library has it all. Check in with your local brand to see what’s available!
- BYOL (Bring Your Own Lunch): Packing lunch even one or two days per week can add up over time. This is a great way to use leftovers and a tasty habit to cultivate.
- Save Energy: Why spend money to heat the house when nobody is home? A programmable thermostat will let you save money by timing when you’re home and away, and allow you to more closely control your utility spend.
- Company Benefits: Take some time to dig into any discounts or reimbursements that may be provided by your company. Retirement savings are an obvious biggie, but there are other benefits that can help you save. Your healthcare provider may extend discounts on gym memberships, and your company may provide discounts on cell phone plans, care purchases or entertainment. Ask your company whether they offer an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), which may be available to assist with a wide-range of issues affecting employee mental and emotional well-being.
Saving is easy when you make it part of your daily routine! We hope these five tips help you get on the path to financial health.
Ready to try the Flavia® system in your office? Request a free demo today!